About this programmeProject management skills are now essential to businesses, engineering, and service professions, and this programme will equip students with both the theoretical understanding and practical knowledge to progress to a range of project management careers. The Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management is both vocationally and academically oriented to provide opportunities for learners, professionals, and general business practitioners to upgrade their knowledge and skills in project management to cope with the challenges and dynamics of the changing business environment as well as to articulate to Master’s degree programmes with credit exemption. This programme thus is important as it helps to build the capacity of professionals who can specify, design, develop and manage project plans and as well managing the technologies required to support such plans. Graduates of the Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management will stand out to employers as they gain the knowledge and skills needed for a career in project management.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Examine critically the discipline of project management, manage the selection and initiation of individual projects and of portfolios of projects in the organization.
- Conduct project planning, design, preparation, and appraisal techniques for projects, forecast project costs, timelines, and quality.
- Implement processes for successful resource, communication, and risk and change management.
- Demonstrate effective organizational leadership and change skills for managing projects, project teams, and stakeholders, focusing particularly on ‘hard’ and soft’ skills for successful project implementation.
How you will learnBeing a virtual university, the NIU will run this programme purely online by using online live classes through video conferencing, online weekly quizzes and tutorials posted on the courses’ e-learning platform, online simulation tools for practical demonstrations, individual reading assignments, among others.
What you will learnThe Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management programme has 7 taught course units where 5 are core courses, and 2 are institutional requirements. Upon successfully passing of the core courses and institutional requirements, the student must write a project report with a topic related to project management. The table below provides the structure for the Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
- Project Management Principles
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Construction Project Management
- ICT Project Management
- Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- PGD Project
Curriculum is empty