Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management
About this programme
The Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management develops a students’ ability to use digital tools necessary for Implementation of marketing strategies. Digital techniques are more important than ever in marketing. And with the growing use of digital techniques comes a growing demand for employees who have the skills to employ these technologies strategically.
This programme will provide students with specialized knowledge and skills through a rigorous academic study of marketing in the digital landscape. Students will discover how businesses use digital marketing and explore a range of topics such as digital strategy, brand management, social media, neuromarketing and marketing analytics.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management offers a complete introduction to digital marketing, and takes a close look at a variety of practices and techniques involved with the use of online media and digital tools.Hands-on sessions will encourage students to apply taught methods within a company, boosting the client base through the use of social media marketing, SEO and other digital marketing techniques.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Examine critically the discipline of project management, manage the selection and initiation of individual projects and of portfolios of projects in the organization.
- Conduct project planning, design, preparation, and appraisal techniques for projects, forecast project costs, timelines, and quality.
- Implement processes for successful resource, communication, and risk and change management.
- Demonstrate effective organizational leadership and change skills for managing projects, project teams, and stakeholders, focusing particularly on ‘hard’ and soft’ skills for successful project implementation.
How you will learn
Being a virtual university, the NIU will run this programme purely online by using online live classes through video conferencing, online weekly quizzes and tutorials posted on the courses’ e-learning platform, online simulation tools for practical demonstrations, individual reading assignments, among others.
What you will learn
The Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management programme has 7 taught course units where 5 are core courses, and 2 are institutional requirements. Upon successfully passing of the core courses and institutional requirements, the student must write a project report with a topic related to project management. The table below provides the structure for the Postgraduate Diploma in Project Management.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
- Project Management Principles
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Construction Project Management
- ICT Project Management
- Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- PGD Project