MBA (Tourism and Hospitality Management)
About this programme
Our MBA in Tourism and Hospitality Management aims to prepare future leaders and professionals of the hospitality and tourism sector, equipped to convene identify and manage sustainable business prospects in the sector at the highest level. It is also a conversion programme – tailored in a way to suit students who have not studied the subject previously.
The Master’s will provide you with an advanced understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry, with a managerial perspective of how to run such organisations.
The programme broadens the understanding of the contemporary dynamics of the tourism, hospitality, and events sectors while equipping them with tools and competencies to operate in an increasingly globalizing world
You will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking, multitasking, and problem-solving skills in demand by the
- Identify and engage with specialisms such as consumer behaviour, marketing, international human resource management, revenue management and international market trends.
- Create strategies for supervising, motivating employees, and work as a team to achieve the goals and objectives of the hospitality workplace.
- Access to a wide range of extra curricular activities, such as our visiting speakers programme with speakers who hold management positions in hotels, airlines, tour operators and travel agencies, the cruise industry, government tourism ministries and universities around the world.
What you’ll learn
In this programme, you will take 10 modules each weighted at 4 or 5 Credit Units and write an MBA dissertation worth 12 Credit Units in the specific area of Tourism and Hospitality Management . You are free to take a minimum of 1 module to a maximum of three modules in a term. A term is made up of 3 months of study and one week of final module examination. Each student shall spend an additional 6 to 9 months of supervised dissertation writing to fulfill the requirements for the MBA (Tourism and Hospitality Specialisation).
Therefore, this study model provides flexibility that enables you to complete the MBA in Tourism and Hospitality programme in 2 to 4 academic years depending on the pace that suits your schedule and learning goals.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
Core MBA Modules (Mandatory)
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Managing People in Organisation
- Procurement and Contract Negotiations
- Financial Management OR Financial Accounting
- Contemporary Marketing Strategies and Practices OR e-Business Technology Management
Specialisation Modules on Tourism and Hospitality Management (Choose any three)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management: Principles and Practicalities
- Hotel and Guest House Management
- International Business
- Hotel Services Management
MBA Dissertation on Tourism and Hospitality Management (Mandatory)
This programme is uniquely designed for people working in the tourism and hospitality industry, e.g. hotels, conference centres, restaurants and other hospitality and tourism venues. The programme is also open to recent graduates with a Bachelor’s degree, intending to achieve an MBA to advance their professional career. It is also ideal for graduates who would like to change subjects or career direction.
A graduate of the MBA tourism and Hospitality will enrol in a broad range of managerial and leadership roles in tourism, hospitality, events organizations operating in the public and private sectors both locally and internationally.
Graduates also enrol in PhD programmes and some to further continue into academic careers.