About this programmeThe Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems and Technology programme focuses on building a capacity of ICT professionals who can plan, design and develop information systems as well as providing the technical support required for such Information systems to operate in organizations. In this fast-developing digital era, there is no doubt that ICT is the key driver towards achieving either of the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ICTs also play a key role in financial inclusion, especially in economies of developing countries. Many organizations have adopted ICT and integrated it into their business processes to improve productivity and service delivery and this requires well trained ICT professionals manage this ICT adoption. Large amounts of data are being generated through business processes in orgaizations. Using ICTs to management the processing and storage of such data is a common practice and it is important that such organizations have the right capacity to manage this data. This programme thus is important as it helps to build the capacity of professionals who can specify, design, develop and manage information systems and as well managing the technologies required to support such information systems.
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners are expected to:
- Demonstrate competence in specification, design, development and management of information systems in organizations.
- Demonstrate the ability to systematically advise executing management team of an organization on how to use ICT to increase productivity and improve service delivery.
- Apply the knowledge gained to formulate and implement ICT policies in their organizations that can be followed to increase productivity in the organization’s service delivery.
How you will learnBeing a virtual university, the NIU will run this programme purely online by using online live classes through video conferencing, online weekly quizzes and tutorials posted on the courses’ e-learning platform, online simulation tools for practical demonstrations, individual reading assignments, among others.
What you will learnThe Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems and Technology programme has 10 taught course units where 6 are core courses, 2 are institutional requirements and 2 are elective/optional courses. Upon successfully passing of the core courses and institutional requirements, the student must write a research paper with a topic related to information systems discipline.
You will study:
Institutional Requirements (Mandatory)
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Research Methodology
- Database Systems
- Information Systems Security
- ICT Policy Formulation and Implementation
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Information Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Information Systems Project Management
- Intellectual Property Management
- Emerging Trends in Information Systems and Technology
Programme Career PathsGraduates of Post Graduate Diploma in Information Systems and Technology can work in organizations as Information Systems Managers, System Analysts, Data Analysts, ICT Consultants, among others. They can also be prospective candidates for Master of Information Systems and Technology and other ICT- related postgraduate programmes.
Curriculum is empty